TOP 10 REASONS to GoGreen ’09
- Spend the day with over 600 Portland business owners who care about the environment and sustainability as much as you do! Network and get to know your peers—form relationships that can help your companies grow
- Learn from 40+ Sustainable Business Leaders that will rock your green world. Our line-up includes Keen’s James Curleigh, Nissan’s Mark Perry, gDiapers’ Jason Graham-Nye, Celilo Group Media’s Nik Blosser and many more!
- Choose from 10 different sessions addressing the most important aspects and challenges of taking your company down a sustainable path. From writing sustainability plans to using social media to your advantage and how to secure grants and funding for green projects – walk away with actionable next steps to green your business
- Lunch + Learn with Sustainable Industry Leaders via roundtable discussions while you feast on organic fare from Artemis Foods. Have in-depth conversations with experts in the Top 10 Sustainable Growth Sectors featuring: Wave, wind and solar energy, smart grid, energy efficiency, electric vehicles, water, agriculture and food.
- Steve Clark/Publisher of the Portland Tribune will announce the 2009 Green Giant Awards at GoGreen ’09, given to local business owners and citizens who have gone above and beyond the norm in sustainability practices over the past year
- Mayor Sam Adams will receive the Blue Sky Visionary Award since he is credited with leading the Portland Street Car system to 100 percent clean-energy use through the Pacific Power Blue Sky Program . This avoids 480 tons of CO2 emissions annually, saves 1,025,400 driven miles, and equates to the planting of 94,280 trees!
- NEW! The 2009 Eco-Visionaries panel session will knock your organic, sustainably produced socks off! We’ve got the best in the biz including: Darcy Winslow (21-Year Nike veteran + world-renowned sustainability consultant), Sheri Flies (COSTCO), Joyce LaValle (Interface, Inc.) and Sarah Severn (sustainability guru at Nike)
- Learn how to tell your sustainability story authentically—and avoid dreaded “Green Washing”—from improvisational artists Gary Hirsch (On Your Feet) and Scott Davis (From the Rooftops)
- Join the GoGreen Conference Tweet Team for coffee at the Gerding Cafe and connect with your fellow sustainability-focused Twitter users before the conference starts!
- We will be graphically recording GoGreen ’09 in addition to posting video of the sessions post-conference on the GoGreen HUB to help keep these valuable ideas and success stories fresh in your mind
GoGreen ’08 sold out! Make sure to reserve your spot today.
GoGreen ’09 – cultivating sustainable business
One Day Conference
Wednesday, October 7th
GERDING THEATER @ THE ARMORY/Portland, Oregon
For Tickets + Registration
Pingback: Tree curriculum: October events | Growth Rings